Standard Poodle Breeders in TN with Brown, Black and Parti Puppies for sale
Once you have a S. P. in your family, it will win your heart forever. They are devoted, intelligent, elegant, and make fantastic housedogs and service dogs. Plus you will never want another breed for a pet.
1. Standard Poodles were originally water retrievers. They are still good swimmers like their ancestors, and even have webbed feet. The name poodle is closely related to the English word puddle. The poodle is known as "Puddeln" or "Pudel" in German, meaning a water dog or one that likes splashing in water. In France, the Poodle is known as the "Caniche" or Duck Dog, from its role retrieving duck. A Standard Poodle is a "Caniche Royale"
2. Standard Poodles make excellent working dogs. As well as outstanding companions and pets, and of course water retrievers, they make superb police dogs, watch dogs, sheep dogs, guide dogs for the blind, hospital therapy dogs, truffle hounds and circus performers.
3. Bas-reliefs dating from the first century found along the shores of the Mediterranean portray the Poodle much as it is today.
4. Poodles are highly intelligent dogs, possibly the most intelligent of all canine breeds and certainly within the top three.
5. Poodles do not molt. For this reason do not affect many allergy sufferers as other dogs do.
6. The distinctive cuts associated with poodles are a vestige of their original retrieving roles. They were developed to lighten the dogs' coats and improve their swimming ability, with balls of hair left protect their joints and vital organs from the cold in winter. Even the coloured ribbons in poodles' topknots had a practical function - allowing hunters to identify their own dogs at a distance in the water.
7. Different areas favored different cuts, for example Northern European nations use cuts with the fur left on the entire leg for warmth in snow.
8. In all probability, the breed originated in Germany or possibly in Russia.
9. A favorite subject of artists for centuries, the Poodle probably appears in more works of art than any other dog.
10. All of the different sizes of the Poodle are considered to be one breed, from the lap dog to the largest working Standard Poodle. The words Standard, Miniature, and Toy are used to denotes size only, not the breed. The Standard Poodle is the oldest of the three varieties, which is why it is still referred to as Standard. (the lap dogs incidentally were bred down from the Standard over the centuries).
Our Puppies are AKC Registered and guaranteed to be in good health and are vaccinated and de-wormed properly for the puppy’s present age. We will provide accurate health records of puppies from our VET.
Contact us for more information and written guarantee.
Standard Poodle Island for sale Larry Long 966 Riverdale RD Counce, TN38326 ph: 731-438-2971 firstname.lastname@example.org